Jester's introduction

Hi all.

Figured it was time to write a short blurb about myself. I´ve been in the F-16 sim scene since 1998 and have been apart of a few organization in the past. My first multiplayer flight in an F-16 was across a 56.6k modem. Since then I have accumulated a bunch of hours throwing this particular virtual jet around, or on the order of 4000+ but that is not really allot considering the 20+ year timespan. I have flown just about every "thick manual" sim that has been released, starting with Falcon 3.0.

My first "big" wing was with the 87th virtual fighter wing ( the website is still up) where I was a member and helped build for 12-13 years before getting busy with life while I had a kid, and went to ATC school. I took 2-3 years off, came back, discovered VR and hooked up with some old friends from the scene flying with the 1st VFW who were now flying DCS. Had to learn how to fly all over again with that thing strapped to my head, it was a humbling yet awesome experience.

After a couple of years there, I went to fly with the 132nd Virtual Fighter Wing, where I flew for a couple of years before transitioning to the 476th vFG, where I went through it´s IQT and MQT program with the 421st vFS while also contributing to various projects, such as a FLUG syllabus and TTP document upheavals. Flying there kindled my old passion for realistic training. Now I´m at a place in my life where I want to just go full send and sink myself into the deep end of virtual training and operations. This isn´t just a hobby - it´s a passion for me, and a part of who I am.

I look forward to flying with you all!

- Jester

Back