Gumby's Introduction

Howdy 455th!

Figured I'd add my little bit here in the “Meet and Greet” tab.

I’m a United States Air Force 2A5X2B, HH-60G Pave Hawk and HH-60W Jolly Green II Crew Chief. I facilitate launch and recovery operations, troubleshoot, conduct daily and scheduled maintenance and inspections. I’ve been stationed at Aviano Air Base, Italy; Nellis AFB, Nevada; and Kadena Air Base, Okinawa Japan.

I got into DCS around 2019, so I’m still a relatively new guy in the grand scheme of the community. My first module was the UH-1, with a throttle taped sideways to my chair to emulate a collective stick. I got sidetracked into loving the Hornet for a little longer than I care to admit but brought it all back home when helping as an SME for the H-60 Mod team in January of 2022, which feels like much longer ago looking back.

Sometime in 2021 I was welcomed into the 476th vFG to fill a UH-1 slot. I flew the fam flight and passed the vibe check, but my computer couldn’t handle the NTTR mission. Few years later I finally got upgrades that could run the mission- aaaand the Huey sqaudron was deactivated.

In the meantime I’ve been over at Tactical DCS working as a mentor, Huey IP and assisting with the development of some other courses. It’s been fun but much of what drew me into the 476th is what has drawn me in here; A semi-serious and dedicated group of individuals trying to collectively work together to better each others skill, accomplish missions, and have fun in the process.

Keeping up relations I was recently invited here to assist in standing up the H-60 Rescue Squadron in any way and I'm excited to help, see where this community goes, and make connections along the way!

Last edited:
Back