Barney's Intro

Hello,

I'll jump on the bandwagon, I've been playing flight sims since the days of Falcon 3.0! I played 3.0 and 4.0 and pretty much all of the Jane's titles. About 12 years ago I used the excuse of starting college classes to justify buying a gaming PC to my wife. Then I picked up A-10C (in disc form) from the Nellis BX and got after it. I learned what I could in SP then made the jump to MP to learn the rest. I'm still learning the damn thing too! I've flown numerous modules in DCS but I always keep coming back to the A-10. Ever since I can remember having a favorite airplane, it was always the Hog. The more I learn about it and the more stories I hear about the A-10 the more I fall in love with it, its missions and the Hog community.

I served in the USAF from 2004-2012 as an Ammo troop (2W0X1). I was stationed at Pope AFB, NC (23MXS), Andersen AFB, Guam (36MUNS), and Nellis AFB, NV (57MXS). In Ammo we build, store, test, inspect, in/out ship and assemble munitions. Everything from 9MM pistol rounds up to 4,000lb LGBs and everything in between.

After the USAF I did some school but having no money forced me to quit that and get a job. I took a job contracting in Afghanistan on MQ-1s and got my first taste of being an aircraft maintainer. I eventually wound up getting my A&P license and got a job working on a weird USAF plane at Tyndall AFB, FL called the E-9A. I've done that for the last 4.5 years but my wife is still active duty and we just moved up to Langley AFB, VA to finish out her career. I actually just accepted a job working on NASA's various research aircraft here at the Langley Research Center today. I cant wait to get started with that adventure!!!

ATTACK!

Back